We have gotten to do some fun family outings recently. First,let me share a few pics from Easter. We hid all of the candy and dyed eggs in my mom's garden, because nowhere is spring more apparent than in her lovely flowers.
We were able to go to Utah for my brother's law school graduation and spend some time with my siblings and their families.
The big kids
Bronwyn and Mei
Who is that handsome, well-read man?
My beautiful sister, Kelli
The Graduate, Brendan
When we got home, we decided to take the kids on a 5 mile hike right in the heart of Austin. The Greenbelt trail goes under two different highways and ends in Zilker Park which is home to some of our favorite outings-The botanical gardens, the Science and Nature Center, The Hillside Theater (all free of charge). It also has a pool called Barton Springs, which is not free, but worth the few bucks admission. It is always 68 degrees and is beautiful. We ended our hike there and it was a perfect way to celebrate our little family's achievement. There are no pics of the pool because I was enjoying myself too much to think of taking any pictures! : )
And they're off!
Crossing the riverbed
No way is there going to be plain ol' graffiti in AUSTIN!
One of many places to stop for a rest
Bronwyn and I get a little behind
The kids were real troopers. The little ones didn't murmur a bit until we were a half mile from the end of the trail. With a little help from Mom and Dad we were all able to finish.
I am so grateful for having these weekend adventures with my family. They remind me how special each of them are and how much I learn about myself through them. I hope you can be part of our adventures soon, too!

No comments:
Post a Comment